Monday, January 11, 2010

Houston, we have a problem...

Okay, so I debated whether or not to write about this. Is it too personal? Is it something that will gross people out? After much deliberation, I decided to write about it and get input back from other women who have gone through what I went through today. If this is normal, please let me know. If not, please let me know. If it is not normal then I will delete this post and let's just pretend I never said anything.

So, I was in the middle of my afternoon run today and something happened that made me stop dead in my tracks. Here is where it gets embarrassing. I realized that as I was running, a little bit of pee came out. Yeah, I said it. It's not like a peed in my pants or anything, but it was a drop more than I am used to sprouting out during a run :) I talked to some very reliable sources that have experienced the same thing I did and I was reassured that it was very normal and it would probably only get worse. Great! I can't wait! Oh well, I guess it is just one of those things that we (pregnant women) get to endure to enjoy the life of motherhood.

I told Noah of my "experience" today and his response was not exactly what I was looking for. He said, "That's gross." How sweet is he?!? I told him that he has one job in the next 9 months, and that is to say to me "That's okay babe, I am sure that is normal." So far he has failed at his one job. I am sure there will be more opportunities for him to redeem himself though!

3 comments:

  1. Erin that is totally normal and it only gets worse. Your sources were right and it does not end after pregnancy. It is great being a mom but your body never comes back. Wait till you jump on a trampoline. Brandi Swenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you are learning about this stuff so you can tell me about it one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comment about the trampoline! Hate to tell you this, but wait until you've had your second! (also, watch off for coughing and sneezing!) :)

    ReplyDelete