Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dear Baby,

As I was running this afternoon I had you on my mind. I got to thinking about how much I don't know about being your mom. There are about a million things that your dad and I have yet to learn, but I am counting on figuring it out as we go. Most things we don't know, but there are a few things we do know:

1. At some point you will fall down. Both figuritivly and literally. You will feel pain and disappointment. I can't promise that your dad and I can prevent this, but I can promise that we will be there to help you through it.

2. You will be a singer. (Notice I didn't say a good singer). Your dad and I both love to sing and we sing often, so if I were you I would get used to it and join in!

3. Come out ready to see lots of things. Your dad and I love to do things. You will be a part of that and you will accompanying us on our adventures. I am bound and determined to take you with us as much as possible.

4. This one is from your dad: come out ready to laugh!

We already love you and can't wait to meet you kiddo!

Love,
Your mom and dad

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Cherokee has a blog and I don't, I'm using her account to commment! This is for your baby:
    Kiddo, your parents will be fine. They'll figure it out along the way like the rest of us are doing. Just know now you are being born into one familia loca! Just wait until the first get together, you'll understand. But you'll also realize immediately that our love knows no bounds and we love you already!! Aunt Yay Yay

    ReplyDelete