Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dear Baby,

I got an email today from the bump.com that informed your dad and me that you were now the size of a lime. Your dad then proceeded to tell me that he "couldn't wait to squeeze the juices out of you." I know it is a bit odd, but that is your dad kiddo. Get used to those kinds of random, but funny, comments.

We also thought about you while we were at church this morning. The preacher was talking about parenting and what parents should do for their children. He said something that really stuck with us and we are going to try and implement into our parenting repertoire. He said that it is not our job to protect you from the world, but instead to equip you to change the world. Man, that is an impressive and challenging goal. Nonetheless, we will try our very best to help you become the person you need to be to change this world. We hope we can make you proud!

Love,
Your mom and dad

2 comments:

  1. I was really touched by the sermon today also (although I do not have kids but one day will). You guys are going to be wonderful parents. Tell that leo I said hey and to pop out on July 25! lol

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful thing to teach your children! God bless you both on your journey...

    ReplyDelete