Tuesday, June 8, 2010

There has been a lot going on over the last couple of weeks, so this blog is going to be a bit of "catch-up". Let's see......

1. I think I have officially stopped running. Those of you who know me, know how hard it is for me to give that up! I haven't been hurting or uncomfortable but I have to stop so many times to stretch my calves and quads. I also have been running a lot slower lately so it makes me wonder how much I am really getting out of running these days. I am still walking though. Trying to do at least 3 miles a day at a pretty decent pace, but it is just so much more boring!

2. I had my second baby shower this last weekend! It was super cute and I absolutely loved it! My friends Kassie, Tori, Meghan, and Laura put on one of the cutest baby showers ever! There was so much food and some super yummy punch that had a momma duck and a baby duck that were floating in it! I have some creative friends. The cake was fabulous and the decorations were to die for. I will post some pics when my source for the pictures emails them to me (hint hint Kari!) It was such a special day and I am so thankful for everyone who showed up and hung out! It was overwhelming the number of people who want to be a part of Cash's life and I am so excited for him to meet everyone!

3. Cash's nursery is almost done. I can't wait to get that room finished so I can start thinking about other things. Man, decorating a nursery for a baby who could really care less about what it looks like is a hard job! The only thing that we have left to do is hang his mirror above his dresser and the "C-A-S-H" letters above his crib. Here is a picture of the boot mirror that is going above the dresser. It is not totally done yet, but it should be done this week!


This next part is to Cash:

Just so you know, there were a lot of people who helped with this project. The idea for the mirror came from your Aunt Angie. The boots were bought from Goodwill and the Salvation Army and a few boots came from your Nonni (my mom). One of the pairs of boots are your dad's work boots and he was so proud to have them on the mirror. Your Papi (Noahs dad) helped to put the frame together with your dad. Your Aunt Angie and I worked on nailing the boots into the frame while your cousins Luke and Brady did there own hammering nails in and screwing screws in with their own special tools. A lot of time and love went into this mirror and I hope that you can appreciate that one of these days.

4. Just wanted to post a few belly pics from this week. This is me and Cash at just about 34 weeks. It is crazy how fast this time has flown by, but we are getting more and more anxious to meet this little dude.



1 comment:

  1. I love how the frame turned out. Can't wait to see it all together!!

    Are you in maternity clothes yet? Your bump has had some serious growth! I don't think Noah has to worry about Cash being little!

    Glad to hear things are well with you guys! We look forward to welcoming Cash into his crazy family!

    ReplyDelete