Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Viva Las Vegas...

This past weekend, I met up with 5 girlfriends and let me just say... we took Vegas by storm!
We met up for my friend Caton's 30th birthday. Also, we were celebrating her return from a 1-year tour in Afghanistan. I am so truly proud to call her my friend and am forever indebted to her for faithfully and honorably serving our country.

A sweet birthday gift from our good friend Steph who couldn't make the trip.


Laura and I on the plane headed to Vegas. Not bad for waking up at 4:00 a.m. to get to our 6:00 a.m. flight.
Me and the birthday girl, Caton.
Ready to take on the weekend...


Night 1 in Vegas started with an amazing sushi dinner and then out to Tao...





The morning after Tao, we went to the buffet at the Wynn. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Anything and everything you could possibly imagine to eat and drink. We may or may not stayed there for 3 hours...





After brunch, and a few mimosas, we decided it was a great idea to go shopping. Horrible idea.

Can you see how tired we were? And we hadn't even go into 1 store yet.


Night 2 in Vegas consisted of an amazing trip to the Bellagio to see "O". Unbelievable show. Breathtaking as a matter of fact. After "O" we grabbed a to-go pizza and went back to the hotel room to spend a little "girl time".

The next morning we went shopping at Caesars Forum and had the most amazing breakfast ever. I think the place is called Max Brenner. It was probably the most amazing breakfast ever (except the traditional eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. That still takes the cake.)

I had oatmeal with chocolate sauce and roasted pecans. I topped that madness off with a milkshake with run vanilla ice cream with a frozen chocolate shell. De-lish!! Not to mention the milkshake came in an Alice in Wonderland replica cup that said "Drink Me" down the side.


After the scrumptious breakfast we did some major damage at H&M. Loved that store and believe it not, they had baby stuff too. So I picked Cash up a few things.



We had a great trip with great friends. I missed my little family terribly but daddy held down the fort and both he and Cash were alive and kicking when I got back. Kudos, Noah, kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment