Sunday, February 28, 2010

19 weeks and the "big" ultrasound...

(By the way, this is not our ultrasound! Just one I found online:)

Today marks my 19th week of being pregnant and I have been feeling prety good. I am starting to get a bigger belly, but am still holding out on buying any maternity clothes for as long as I can. My clothes are still fitting okay, but they just get a little tighter when I sit down (which I do for the better part of my day due to school). I have a feeling that I will be trying the rubber band technique or the belly band in the next couple of weeks.

On another note, our "big" ultrasound is this Wednesday. We could find out the gender of our little mango but we are going to wait a few weeks longer to find out. We are going to have the ultrasound tech not tell us the gender, but instead write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope! We are then going to to go to Houston over my spring break with my mom, dad and brother and find out the gender with all of my family and all of Noah's family. We are sending the sealed envelope to a woman in Houston who will open the envelope and make a cake for us. If the gender is a boy the cake will be blue and if it is a girl the cake will be pink. Either way, the entire outside of the cake is going to be white with little blue and pink question marks on it! After dinner, we will cut into the cake and find out with all of our family around. I got this idea from my friend Natalie, who used it to find out the gender of her twins! Can't wait to find out!

1 comment:

  1. How fun is that??!!!! I didn't realize the trip was that involved when your mom called to see about Dillyn going with you all to Houston. Wayne and I are always checking to see if there is any new news up on your blog. I LOVE reading about it. How fun!! How fun!! How fun!! Dillyn is going to love being a part of it. We are so thrilled you all invited him to come. Don't hesitate to ask for him to be a part of anything for you guys. We love it and we especially love the atmosphere you all surround him with. You all make him so happy.

    ReplyDelete