Monday, February 22, 2010

A weekend to remember...


Where to begin? After my 2 incredibly hard tests on Friday, I was ready to get out of town and relax a bit. For those of you who do not know, I am a HUGE George Strait fan! Huge. He has been on my bucket list since I have had a bucket list. When I lived in Houston, I was so excited for the rodeo because Noah told me he thought he would be there and I would finally get to see him. False! George did not come to the rodeo and I was yet again disappointed. Well wouldn't you know it, this past Saturday George Strait was coming to Tulsa with Reba McEntire! I think I cried when I heard the news.

(On a side note: It is a little known fact that my mom grew up with Reba and was her roommate in college for 3 years.)

I called me aunt MeMe to see if she could find a way to get us tickets....and she did! She came through in the clutch and not only that, she got us backstage to meet Reba before the show. There wasn't anything that she could do about me getting to meet George, but I can't complain with meeting Reba. (One day George, one day!) I was bound and determined to look like a cowgirl, even though I am very far from it. I went and bought a pearl snap shirt and wore the boots Noah bought me forever ago (I think it was my second time wearing them.) What's funny is, all of my "cowgirl" attire was bought at Fossil. Probably the least country place you can shop! Noah however, he was dressed to the nines. He had on his George Strait shirt and his ostrich skin boots and his black cowboy hat! He was so handsome!
When we met Reba she was in a bit of a hurry, but it was cool to see her get so excited to see my mom! She screamed, "Toni!" And the coolest part was she turned to me and said," Well, I know who you are Erin." Really?!?! Reba knows who I am? She must have had someone in her ear telling her what to say or something, because there is no way she knows who I am.

Anyway, the concert was unreal. Noah told me what to expect, but it was more than ever imagined. They both played so many songs that I was hoarse when we left the concert. You know it's funny, you spend money to go to a concert to listen to someone sing and when it is all said and done I heard myself more than the artists. Oh well. Best concert ever! Here are some pics of the concert.

Reba got in her red dress to sing "Fancy".



And of course, one of the biggest reasons for the trip. Also, I have never seen Noah smile so big when George walked out to "Deep in the Heart of Texas"! Noah sang louder than ever and he was so proud.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time! Im jealous! And I bet your baby will love Country music now since you blasted it's ears with it! Haha!

    ReplyDelete