Thursday, July 1, 2010

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."

This song seemed to be my theme song for the last few days. (If you don't recognize it, its Leaving on a Jet Plane). I was told by some friends of mine that I was behind on some things that I should get caught up on. Apparently, I needed to have my hospital bag packed, my car seat in, and my list of people to call or text ready to go about 3 weeks ago. Whoops! I have the list pretty much done, the bag is packed, and the car seat will go in this weekend.

So, I am ready! But baby Cash is obviously not on the same schedule as me. I had my 36 week Dr.'s appt today and it appears that the little man is in no hurry to make his grand appearance. I was dilated to a one (barely) and I was not effaced at all. So, no baby for a little while. Everything else looked good. Heart rate was still great and I gained a few pounds over the last two weeks, which I was politely instructed to do by my Dr. Blood pressure was 100/70 and I have had no swelling...yet.

So I guess we will wait until next Thursday when I go back to the Dr. to see if I have made any progress.

By the way, this whole "getting checked" by the doctor is really not the most comfortable thing in the world. I know it is just a part of it, but dang! Give me a little warning, would ya?!?

3 comments:

  1. The whole getting checked thing... I completely agree, I mean ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they could at least give a decent warning instead of saying, "This may be a little uncomfortable." Scares me to death for actual labor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh yea getting checked was aweful!! I am glad your friends got you ready to go this week :) Kyla was born 3 weeks early! so she was born at 37 weeks and I was in the exact same position you are in this week! :) I was barely dialeted! I wish you the best!!

    Love
    Melay and Cash's gf from Texas Kyla :)

    ReplyDelete