Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our ever expanding family...

There are times I ask myself, "Another kid? Can we handle 2? Can we be good parents to 2?" Mostly those thoughts come when Cash is acting up or being a little 2 year old that has the stubbornness of his daddy and mommy and the attitude of a 16 year old girl. But we always knew we wanted more than 1 kid. Here is how it came to be... and no, I will NOT be going into that kind of detail you sicko...

We thought about starting to try for another baby around January. Nothing too serious, just weighing our options and seeing what was right for our family. Well, in February I got a positive pregnancy test. I was stoked. Not exactly what I had planned, but neither was Cash. So I figured if this is the time we are supposed to have another baby, then so be it. I went to the Dr to do my blood work and went on about my day. Not giving anything a second thought. I was pregnant and that was that. Then I got a phone call from the Dr saying my HGC and progesterone levels were low. Really low. I had no idea what that meant. My pregnancy with Cash was as easy as they come and I didn't even know what HCG and progesterone levels were. I went back in a few days later to do more blood work and waited 2 days for the phone call. The phone call to tell me that I was having a "chemical pregnancy" and would miscarry in a matter of days. BOOM. Just like that. The phone call came on Valentine's Day and Noah was out of town. So it was just me and Cash. I told him the news because he is such a good listener and always knows the right thing to say :). His response when I told him he wasn't going to be a big brother right now was, "Love you mommy." And that is all I needed to hear. I was sad and confused and thought there was something wrong with me. I probably over dramatized it in my head a bit, but prayed about it and was fine with the result. It wasn't meant to be. And that was okay.

The Dr told us that since I am so incredibly irregular (Sorry Cash, I know you don't care to know that), it would be a little harder to try to pinpoint my ovulation days. Which I never wanted to do to begin with. I didn't want the process to be stressful and business like. So we didn't worry about any of that and decided it would happen when it was supposed to happen.

And just a side note, it is not uncommon for me to go 4 months without a period. Dr says its "normal" for me, but not really considered normal. So I don't know when to take the pregnancy tests or any of that. So on a random Thursday, I took a test and it said pregnant. I was cautiously excited this time. Went to the Dr and got a call that my levels were low again. AGAIN! I was bummed. They told me to come back in a week and they would re-check my levels. A week?? I just couldn't wait. But I did. I prayed and prayed and prayed. And when I went back to check, my levels were really high and I was pregnant.

So that is how you came to be, sweet girl. "For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:26-28

Love,
E

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our third precious baby in April, I was 10 weeks pregnant. It was incredibly hard and at times I felt so alone in my grieving. We are so excited for you to have a princess to love on! We also never pictured haveing a girl, but she is such a blessing! We will be praying for you and your family throughout this pregnancy. Brittni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're my daughter and my son's wife and my grandson's mommy. (and my grand-daughter's mom...never had to say that...probably butchered it) Anyway, I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete