Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dear baby girl...

I wish we could tell you that we wished a prayed for our second child to be a little girl, but that wouldn't be the truth. Sorry. After having your brother, I couldn't really see myself as anything other than a boy mommy. I wasn't opposed to the idea of having a girl, just never really looked at it as a legitimate possibility. And then those 4 little letters were written on the ultrasound...

G.I.R.L.

And that was it. My world turned upside down with happiness and disbelief. I smiled from ear to ear and thought of all of the fun we will have as mother and daughter. I teared up knowing that my husband, your daddy, the man who is scared to death to have a baby girl, would soon enough have a little girl to love on and play with. And with that we knew, this is how our family is supposed to be. Just like this.

Here are a few things that I know:

  1. You will not always have the best looking hair. So sorry. I don't have the slightest idea about how to do hair and neither does your dad. He has put some rules into place about the bows we can put in your hair. "No bigger than a quarter" he says. "And no PINK". We will just have to see on that one.
  2. Your big brother is one for the ages. Truly. He is going to be obsessed with you. He is going to protect you, kiss you, hug you, tackle you, hit you, and play with you. Whether you like it or not, that is a fact.
  3. You will probably be raised to be a rough and tumble little girl. Again, sorry. I don't know how to be a very prissy girl and would never claim to know how to raise one. But we will play sports and play in the mud. We will get dirty and you will wear some of your brothers clothes. Just the way it is.
  4. You will be spoiled. 
  5. If history repeats itself, you will be a chubby little girl. (Sorry again, you get that from your mommy)
  6. And you will be another one of our pride and joys.
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing who you become.

Until then, take it easy on me,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment