Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear babies,

These pictures are kind of old. From around Easter time, I think. And the more I look at them, the more I am torn. Torn between happiness and sadness. Torn between pride and fear. Mixed emotions.

I am so happy at the kiddos you guys are turning out to be. How happy you both are. How loving you both are towards each other. How funny you both are. And how happy you both make daddy and me. The pace that you both are growing is scary. Scary because I am not sure what is coming next. Scary because I still have moments of feeling inadequate as your mom. But as scary as it is to watch your babies grow, pride and happiness swarm the feelings of fear. For every ounce of fear I have there are at least 10 ounces devoted to happiness and a deep sense of purpose and pride for you both. 

Cash, you are proving to be a fantastic big brother. You are constantly worried about Presley Mae and want to make sure I pack a bottle wherever we go because you don't want her to "be reaaaalllly hungry". You have walked up to a little boy at the mall who was trying to talk to her and told him, "I don't want you to talk to my sissy"(we can just blame that one on your daddy). You are protective and playful. Loving and sincere. Everything that a little girl could want in a big brother.

Presley Mae, you are such a happy baby. You smile all the time and love to be held. You love to crawl up to anyones leg and just tug and tug on their pants until they pick you up. But you are very independent. You don't want anyone to hold a bottle for you or to spoon food in your mouth. You want to do it all yourself. You are enamored with your reflection in the mirror and will make faces at yourself. You love Cash. And I mean you LOVE him. You want to play with him and be around him all the time. He can push you down and you just love the fact that he is paying attention to you. He is already so protective of you, so you are just going to have to be okay with that as you get older. 

All and all kids, I couldn't be happier being your mom. I love raising you and loving you. I love teaching you and learning from you .

Let's keep this good thing going we have going...

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment