Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dear Presley Mae...

I feel like you are already getting the shaft. Not purposefully. But nonetheless, you have taken a big hit on this blog. I wrote about and to your brother throughout my pregnancy with him and I am ashamed to say I haven't done that with you. Not because you are any less important. Or because we aren't looking forward to you joining the family. It's a different kind of time in my life right now. I'm working now. I am more tired now. And you, my poor baby girl, are paying the price for that. And it's not fair. I refuse to accept the old adage that the second child doesn't get as much attention as the first child. So you have my solemn mommy vow that I will do better about writing to you and keeping you filled in on what you and I have been up to during this whole pregnancy thing.

Love,
Mom

P.S. You kicked me like crazy today. And I'm pretty sure you kicked a few patients today as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment