Friday, September 28, 2012

Dear Cash,

You are so excited to be a big brother. And I mean so excited. Every time we pass the hospital where Presley will be born you should in excitement, "That's sissy's doc!!" and "That's were I meet sissy!" And it makes my heart melt.

I know that as you both grow up and older you will also inevitably grow apart for a short time. But the excitement that you had anticipating the arrival of your sister is something that I can look back on and marvel in.

I thought it was impossible to love someone so much without ever meeting them. Until I found out about you. And now I am finding it even more miraculous that a small, seemingly oblivious 2 year old, could have a deep and strong love for someone he has never met. But you do. And you aren't afraid to show it.

I know as you read this, you will probably be grimacing and thinking to yourself, "No way. Presley is just my annoying little sister." But you were so excited. More than anyone, you were excited to know her and to meet her.

And that, my son, is something you will hold in your heart forever. She is your sister. Your baby sister at that. And you should always be excited to love her and know her. And you should make sure she knows it.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment