Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Plans...

This year our intentions for New Years was to stay at home and watch football and basketball games on TV in the comfort of our own home. But my mom had other plans. She not only treated me to a much needed mani/pedi, but she also bought the entire family OKC Thunder tickets for the game vs the Suns. How could we turn that down?? So Thunder Up we did.

The game was a blast and we were able to get out of there without any problems with traffic. Cash fell asleep on the way home so he was a New Years Eve party pooper. But Noah and I made the best of our alone time we had together.
It's amazing to me the energy I once had to pull together a bunch of New Years plans and stay up late and have a grand time with my friends. Not that it wasn't fun, because it was. But it was a different time in my life. I am much more content with a more mellow way to ring in the new year.
I sat in bed with my husband as we counted the ticks down to midnight. No streamers needed. No big celebration. Just a gallon of ice cream, two spoons, a tv, and wonderful company to make me feel like my New Years went just as planned. We talked about resolutions and how much different this New Years was but how neither one of us was disappointed with the way we spent it.
I can appreciate the simplicity of a quiet New Years because the amount of "quiet time" we get these days is few and far between. We love our noisy house but have come to cherish our time together even more because it seems that our time is divided now with the addition of a son.

Enough rambling. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. Make it great.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment