Friday, January 27, 2012

Dear Cash,

We need to have a serious mother to son talk. Here it goes:

You are such a sweet boy...when you want to be. You give hugs and kisses almost every time I ask. You kiss mommy's "boo boos" and seem generally concerned when I hurt something. You say please and thank you. You smile at mommy all the time and repeat "mommy, mommy, mommy" to get my attention.
But, you also have a slight temper on you. You are very much an independent little boy and really don't want much help doing anything. You have started throwing fits whenever you don't get what you want or if I take something away from you. Most often, your fits last about 20 seconds. But sometimes they drag on for minutes at a time and you can get a little physical when you get really heated. You have started a phase where you will either hit or pinch me. Not everyone, just me. I try to tell you "No, that hurts mommy", but you really don't seem to care. So we have resorted to other forms of discipline. After you get in trouble, you walk over to me and either give me kisses or give me hugs and tell me "hold me".

How am I supposed to stay upset when you do things like that??

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment