Monday, April 18, 2011



I have a test today (which is why I am up early this Monday morning... should be studying)and I have a test tomorrow for school. Instead of studying Sunday night, I think I spent my time a bit more productively and definitely more enjoyable. You see, I really try to strive to do my very best in school and sometimes (actually most times) that comes at the expense of spending time with my boys. I had an epiphany yesterday afternoon. I realized that while it is important to study and gain the knowledge that I will need to become a great Physical Therapist, it is more important to me to spend quality time with my family while we have these moments to share. So, I put down my notes and Cash and I went outside to help Noah work in the flower beds. Well, Cash helped. I simply took pictures to document the evening.


The following photos do not show how much joy and excitement Cash got from being outside. Starting from when he was a wee little tot, if Cash was upset or fussy we just took him outside. Instant calm. Instant quiet.


I love having a little boy. I love that he is so mischievous right now. I love that it is acceptable to let them play like little boys and make a mess. I love that I don't care how messy he gets, as long as he is having fun and not taking that mess inside. I love that he wants to eat dirt and anything else that he finds on the ground. I just love having a boy.


I mean, it really did start this innocent...

And then, well, you can see how things went from there...



This fat foot is just so yummy... And then, this is how it ended...


He really didn't mind the freezing cold water coming from the garden hose. He actually liked it. I can see how we will be spending some of our future 100+ degree days in the future.


Love,


E

No comments:

Post a Comment