Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dear baby Cash,

Tonight we did something a little different.

Normally, I put you in your crib while you are still awake and you tend to quietly put yourself to sleep. It makes me so proud of you because some babies can't or won't do that... and you do. So, go you!

Now to what was different.

I couldn't put you down tonight. I don't really know why but I had this intense feeling that I wanted to hold you and put you to sleep myself. So that is what we did. I held you snuggly in my arms and stood with you in the middle of a dark and empty living room and danced you to sleep.

We danced to some of my favorite mellow musicians... David Gray, Joshua Radin, Ray LaMontagne, and John Mayer.

You stared at me for what seemed like hours and we locked eyes and just danced. No one around. No one to see us in our special moment. It was one of my favorite 10 minutes of my week.

You have no idea how happy you make my heart and if you will let me, I would love to dance with you until you 50 years old.

Until then...

I say we have another dark, quiet, mommy-son, living room dance date again next week. Are you in?

Love,
Mom

1 comment: