Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome to the world baby Cash!



I can't believe I haven't updated this thing since our dear baby boy was born. I am such a slacker. We welcomed our little dude on Sunday July 25, 2010 at 3:01 p.m. It was the most surreal experience and one that I was not prepared for. I can't lie, the days leading up to Cash's due date I was extra busy with school stuff and didn't really give myself a chance to think about what to expect during child birth. Maybe that was a good thing, but who knows?

The labor went well and Mr. Cash held up his end of our bargain to stay in until his due date (thanks kiddo). I went in Saturday night and was given the drip to induce labor at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning. My water broke at 6:00 a.m. (which is a whole other story in itself) and I began having contractions at 6:30 a.m. My contractions stayed consistent at 1 minute apart and I was dilated to a 6+ and 90% effaced when I politely asked for the epidural. (You have to love modern medicine :) She told me that I was 2ND on the list and the Dr. would be in my room in about 30 minutes to shoot me up. All I could think was, "You mean I have another 30 contractions to go through??" After about 15 minutes (more like 2 hours in my mind) the nurse came back in and said he would be about another 20 minutes. Boo! Anyway, I got the epidural and it was like a whole new world. Loved it!

When it came time to push, I pushed for about an hour and Noah was probably the best pushing coach ever. I couldn't have asked for a better husband to help me through it. The Dr. came in and I pushed three more times and out popped Cash. The most amazing this was that Noah got to pull him out and put him on my chest. I loved that Noah got to have that moment. Cash had some respiratory problems, so they took him to the NI CU for about 3 hours. I didn't get to see my son for 3 hours!! Talk about brutal.



It was a great and overwhelming experience once I was able to hold Cash and we have been hanging out together ever since. Here are a few pics from the delivery room.




2 comments:

  1. Oklahoma!

    omg! i totally love the first picture of you and noah! WOW!!! I am so happy that Cashy-Cash is all good now! I am so happy for you and Noah!

    Love yall lots :)
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to meet the little guy! Soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete