Sunday, August 15, 2010

The last 3 weeks in review...

Cash has been hanging out in the world for the last 3 weeks and I am sure he has been loving every minute. Here is a recap of how things have gone thus far...

We started Cash in his room and in his crib and he has not had any problems. The first two nights Noah and I maybe got 45 minutes of sleep at a time. We had no idea what the problem was and why Cash was crying so much. We discovered, on the third night, that Cash absolutely hates to be swaddled. My kid is already not following the baby rules and it was only the first week. I thought all babies liked to be swaddled?!? It may not have helped that we are the worst swaddlers in the history of swaddling. But oh well, we now know to keep the baby burrito away from Mr. Cash. Noah has been getting up once a night to feed Cash a bottle and I have been taking over the other two nightly feedings. He has been doing much better at sleeping and is trying to get on a schedule (Trying being the key word). His nightly routine consists of a bath, a feeding and prayers with mommy and daddy. We also found out he doesn't really like to sleep on his back. He prefers to drift into dreamland on his side. Hey, whatever floats his boat.

Doing what he does best!
My boy hated his sponge bath, but I hear that is pretty common in newborns. Last week, he got a big boy bath and enjoyed it for the most part. He may hate me later in life for putting this pic on here, but I couldn't resist. This is right before his big boy bath.


There was also another thing he did, but we are pretty sure it was a total accident. Our little 2 week old at the time rolled over. That's right, he did it all by himself. We put him on his stomach for a little tummy time and he found his own way onto his back. We like to think it is because he is a physical phenom (but we may be biased). Today was his 3 week birthday and Cash and I went for a run in our jogging stroller. He did awesome and slept the entire time. But I know he was cheering me on with his eyes shut good and tight.


Noah and I dropped Cash off at my parents house this passed Friday night and went out for our weekly date night. We had a nice dinner and ice cream afterwards. It was a perfect night and we didn't even call and check on him one time!
My little dude looks like he is trying to eat my face off.


He is becoming much more alert and likes to just sit and stare at anything. He can burp and fart like a champ and has a case of baby acne. But he is perfect despite not letting us get a full nights sleep and crying for what seems like no good reason. We are adjusting to each other and learning about each other every day.
We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings us!

No comments:

Post a Comment