Monday, May 17, 2010

Finals are O-V-E-R...

I apologize for the extended hiatus! I have been in the middle of finals week and have been studying non-stop. But now that finals are over I am able to catch back up on the blogging. A lot has been going on and this is my chance to fill in the blanks on the last few weeks.

Where to begin... oh yeah, I failed my 1-hour glucose test! Talk about a terrible feeling. I was actually pretty upset about that, but probably more confused. I asked the Dr. about it and she told me that the only thing that she could come up with was maybe be body just wasn't able to produce the insulin that I need it to to control my glucose levels. So, I had a long talk with my body (especially my pancreas because it is the organ that is supposed to produce the insulin) and after a nice 3 hour trip to the lab, with 4 puncture wounds (which made me look like a drug addict 2 days later because of the bruises) I passed the 3-hour test with flying colors. I celebrated with ice cream :)

Let's see what else... I have finally gotten around to taking pics of his bedding after I was informed that my previous pictures were not big enough. So here is the up close and personal picture of baby Cash's bedding.

His daddy is convinced that he is going to be a golfing-cowboy, so we went with the cowboy theme for his nursery.


I also took pictures of some of the clothes that he has gotten so far and let me just tell you that this boy has more Polo outfits than Ralph Lauren himself. Thanks to his aunts (CoCo and Ashley or Courtney and Ashley as I call them) this kid is going to be dressed sensible and not like a hooligan. The first outfit is one of Noah's favorites because the belt has little golfers on it. Super cute.


How adorable are these shoes?? I can't wait to see him in them.

These next outfits are from his Aunt CiCi (which is Casey) who lives in Houston and bought these for him the weekend we found out we were having a boy. The one the right has little guitars on it. I mean his name is Cash.
This outfit if from his Aunt Kassie. She lives right down the street from us and is going to be one of my go-to babysitters!
These shoes are from his mommy, who found them at a second-hand store in Houston. Now he and I have matching Sperry boat shoes!
My photographer from my wedding, Aaron Snow, called me one day and told me that he was having a garage sale and sellling all of his sons old clothes. He told me that he saved all of the Polo outfits for us because he knows how much Noah loves Polo. These are the clothes that he saved for me that he thought we would like.

My good friend Caton, who is overseas serving as a Doctor (she makes me so proud), sent Cash some pee-pee tee pees! I love them and laughed so hard when I saw them. I have already thought about the number of times that he will probably pee on me! She also got him an adorable little bird box that I plan on keeping little sentimental things in.

These last pics are of his little boots that I got him at a second-hand store and of Duke the dog guarding Cash's room. Noah and I have trained him to not go in the nursery, so he just sits outside the door and guards his room for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment