Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Basketball diaries...

While walking through Home Depot this afternoon, proudly wearing my Oklahoma women's basketball t-shirt, a very nice woman looked at me and started laughing. I wasn't 100% sure she was laughing at me, but she was looking right at me and my t-shirt and cracking herself up. She said, "Don't you find it ironic that you are wearing a basketball t-shirt and it looks like you swallowed a basketball?!?!". I of course give her a fake courtesy laugh and try to walk quickly down a different isle but she kept at it. "Well, maybe its more like a volleyball right now, but it will get to a basketball." HaHaHaHaHa (that is her little annoying laugh.)

It is one thing when you hear something like that from people you know, but a complete stranger saying I look like I just swallowed a basketball takes a lot of guts in my opinion. Oh well, maybe she is right. Hopefully this little "basketball" that I have swallowed will come out and be quite the basketball player and go on to make millions of dollars that he can one day share with his mom. I can always hope!

2 comments:

  1. know how you feel. my favorite is when they'd put their hand on my belly and then comment on how fat i was getting. unfortunately pregnancy brings out some very rude comments from complete strangers! just know you really aren't that big for how far along you are! you look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl get used to it :) Wait until your 9 months!! It then becomes a Swissball :) Hope your doing great :)

    (Melay)

    ReplyDelete