Friday, February 8, 2013

Dear Presley...









You will have to forgive me. I am trying to find a balance between being your mommy and writing down everything I can on this blog for you later in life, and living life with you. You are such a good baby girl. You make me smile. Even at 2 or 3:00 in the morning, you still make me smile. You are easy going and happy. But you will let everyone know when you are hungry. You may have gotten that trait from your mommy.
You make cooing noises that remind me of a little dove. You have started to grin at me and daddy and bubba. You make our family whole. You are the missing piece that we knew and always felt was missing. You came into our lives and didn't miss a beat. You very rarely cry and will take all of the attention your big brother wants to give you. 
You are you. And there is no one else that I can imagine to be my daughter. WOW. Writing that word, daughter, is still odd to me. Wonderful, but weird. And I have to be honest. I day dream sometimes about shopping for your prom dress. And getting pedicures with you. And searching for the perfect wedding dress. And talking and talking and talking with you. Because let's face it. That's what girls do. I look forward to being your best friend later in life, but for now I will be your mommy. And I will love you. And stare at you. And marvel at the fact that you are mine. All mine. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment