Sunday, February 17, 2013

A working mom...


This is an interesting post to write. I wanted to write it to my babies. But I also wanted to write if for me. Either way... here it goes...

I love my job. I mean, really love my job. On any given day I get to: meet new people, help people with something and anything, and get to use my brain and education that I worked so hard for. But trying to juggle being a working mommy and spending as much time with my kiddos as I would like is a very hard. I take that back. It is extremely hard. Harder than I could have ever imagined. I feel as if there is some imaginary line about being a working mom and still finding time with my kiddos. And I constantly feel like I am walking a tight rope about where my time is spent. 

I wake up around 5:00 a.m. every day to start getting ready for work. I wake Cash up around 6:15 so that I can see him and eat breakfast with him every morning. I want that special time with him and I selfishly want to see him before I go to work. I wake Presley up around 6:30 to get her changed and love on her quickly before I leave at 6:43 a.m. (I have it down exactly what time I have to leave to get to work on time) to go to work. I see my first patient at 7:00 a.m. and stay pretty busy until my lunch, around noon. On the days my mom watches the kids, I try to have her meet me at my house for a quick lunch and a little lovin over whatever food we happen to eat. On the days Cash is in school, I will work out at work over lunch. I go back to work and typically leave around 6:00, if I have my paperwork done. I come home to a husband who has dinner going and to two babies who are happy to see me no matter what is going on. 

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I get off work at noon. And I pick Cash up from school and go get Little P and we just hang out. Sometimes we do fun things and sometimes we just be. Be together. Be in each others presence. It doesn't matter to me, as long as we are together. 

I don't write this to give someone a timeline of my day. I told you at the beginning... this is for my babies and me. But it is important to me that my children know why I may not have been able to make it to everything like other mom's.  This is so they can see how much I think of them during my day. And how much I try to make it to where I can see them at any point in the day... even if it is for 5 minutes. 

I love them. I love how much they want me around. I want to be with them every day. Morning, noon, and night. But it's just not that way right now. I love what I do. I love how it makes me feel. But I love being a mommy. And I love how that makes me feel. 

I am still trying to be the best mommy, wife, friend, physical therapist, daughter, and sister I can be. It is a work in progress. But I am enjoying the process. I want my kids to know that I worked. I worked for a living. And I worked at being their mommy. And I worked at finding a balance between the two. 

And I am still working on both,

E

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!!! What a testament it is to be a working mom!!

    ReplyDelete