Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dear Cash,






Where to even begin. You are a little ball of energy. And attitude. And love. And stubborn. All rolled into one. You want things your way and no one is going to convince you otherwise. You do not like being told no and are still learning to share and take turns. There are tons of things to work on with you as your daddy and I try to help shape the young man you will one day become. It is a much harder job than we thought. A wonderful and rewarding job. But a job, nonetheless. 

You are funny too. I mean, really funny. You tell daddy to stop singing songs because he ruins them. (Not nice, but funny.) You tell me that there is "something in my butt" when you poo poo in your diaper. On that note, you are not doing that fantastic at the potty training stuff. But you were really advanced with everything else so I guess there would be something that you are a bit behind on. You tell Presley to "hush" when she is crying and tell her, "I know sis, I know." Really funny. 

You are stubborn. Very stubborn. You love baseball and expect everyone else around you to love baseball with the same enthusiasm and passion that you do. You still love golf and really look forward to going to the driving range with daddy and Grandude. You sing me songs. You ask me to dance and twirl you. You ask me to sing "our songs" when they come on the radio. You still hold the key to a corner of my heart where only you can fit. You are my son. My very first born baby. And you still amaze me with how much you love me. I mean, really love me. 

 I am striving to teach you independence, but deep down in the pit of my very being I still want you to always feel like you "need" your mommy. You may not always need me, but I want you to know that I am there. 

And as you age and grow and move on in life, you will hear my voice in your mind, spirit and hopefully in that little corner of your heart that only a mommy can be. My little corner that no matter who comes in and out of your life, you keep that little corner for just me. Just like I will keep that little corner in mine just for you. 
"Cash's Corner"... yeah, I like the sound of that.

Love,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment