Friday, February 25, 2011

Sad, sad news...


It brings tears to my eyes to even have to write this post. My sweet little Duke the dog is going to live in another home. He was the most perfect dog and would never hurt a fly...until this week. When Cash was a baby and just lying around on the floor, not doing much, Duke loved to come sniff him and maybe even give him a lick or two. But as Cash had gotten more mobile, Duke has gotten less friendly. The vet told me that Duke has now become threatened and jealous of Cash because they are about the same size and when Cash crawls he is eye level with Duke and this makes him jealous.

I have tried my best to keep them away from each other but this past Monday I wasn't able to keep them apart and Duke bit Cash on the face. Not a horrible bite, but it did draw blood and Cash was incredibly upset. So, I have to do what I have to do. I don't want to get rid of Duke, but I will not take an unecessary risk of it possibly happening again.
I will really miss Duke...
Love,
E
Cash's injuries after he calmed down and I wiped the blood away...

1 comment:

  1. Im so sorry Erin. Hopefully Duke will enjoy his new home. And Im sure you made the right decision even if it was hard. :(

    ReplyDelete