Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Brad Paisley - Anything Like Me [ New Video + Download ]

I know this song has been out for a while but I am just now getting around to blogging about it. The first time I heard this song in my car I didn't know whether I was going to laugh or cry because it is so true. Those of you who know Noah can attest to the fact that this song should be his song to baby Cash. Just about every part is a perfect example of Noah as a kid, teen, and adult (Except the shake his dad's hand part, Noah would never do that. He insists on giving him a hug and a kiss.) I just love listening to this song because it gets me so excited for the future and what shenannigans Noah and Cash are going to get into together. Below are the lyrics if you don't want to listen to the song.

I remember saying I don't care either wayJust as long as he or she is healthy I'm ok.

Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screenAnd said "You see that thing right there well you know what that means."

And I started wondering who he was going to beAnd I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me.

He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike to fast.

End up every summer wearing something in a cast.

He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street.He's gonna get in trouble oh he's gonna get in fights. I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep

It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me.

I can see him right now knees all skinned up.With a magnifying glass trying to melt a Tonka truck.

Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on.That'll be his first love til his first love comes along.

He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens.And heaven help him if he's anything like me.

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast.Get a speeding ticket he'll pay for mowing grass.

He's gonna get caught skipping class and be grounded for a week.He's gonna get in trouble we're gonna get in fightsI'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep.

It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me.

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way.Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day.

He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand.He's gonna act like he cant wait to leave.

But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out.If he's anything like me.

There's worse folks to be like.Aw, he'll be alright if he's anything like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment