Friday, March 1, 2013

It's a funny thing...

It's really quite interesting to look back on my early 20's. Scary, but interesting. I was an incredibly active young girl who wouldn't say no to anything and everything. I wanted to see. Go. Do. Be. I was going to rule the world and there wasn't anybody that was going to stop me. Or so I thought...

The news of being pregnant with Cash completely rocked my world. I just knew that I would never be able to do the things that I wanted to do because I would have this baby. A baby I had no idea how to take care of. A baby that would certainly put a damper in my Friday and Saturday night activities. A baby that was a complete and utter surprise...to say the least.

But my oh my! How the tides have turned. My world has been completely rocked. That I was not wrong about. But I could never prepare myself for the magnitude of love that would overwhelm me and my soul until the moment I saw him. And from that moment on, I have never wanted my early 20 something self back.

My definition of fun has changed. My bedtime has changed. My world has changed. Fun is no longer going out on the weekends and getting in late and sleeping until I wanted to. It is no longer going to any place that I wanted to without a second thought. At first, quite honestly, this was a hard concept to wrap my head around. I loved my baby boy. But I loved myself too.

My idea of fun now is curling up at bedtime, with a good book, preferably one that deals with dinosaurs or baseball or Mickey Mouse. My idea of fun is a sleepover in the floor with popcorn and a good movie. Maybe the movie Hook. Or the Sandlot. Or Toy Story. My idea of fun is putting pillows in the floor and jumping from one to another and not hitting the ground. Because if you do, the lava will get you. Or the dinosaurs will eat you. Or the snakes will bite you.

Yes oh yes. My idea of fun has changed. But I like the fun I have now. I like the books and movies I read and watch. And I love the people that drown me in fun. Each and every day.


Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment