Thursday, March 21, 2013

A different kind of love...


I was really worried. I played it off like I wasn't. But I was. Nervous to see how Cash would adapt and accept his new role in our family. No longer the smallest and neediest in the family. No longer the baby. No longer the only one. And if I am being 100% honest here... I was worried how I would adjust also. 

How could I love that many people. I mean, I can't possibly have that much room in my little heart to hold such strong feelings for all of the people in my life. Much less another little one. 

But I did. And Cash did. And I do. And Cash does. It's like as soon as I pushed Presley's body out of my body, the gaping hole in my stomach moved to my heart. As if my body knew that I needed more room there. 

And now Cash has learned what this different love is. I think he understands the difference in the type of love that he has for his mommy and daddy, and the love he has for his "Presley Mae" as he so affectionately calls her. He loves her. Sometimes too much. He wants to help her. Sometimes too much. He wants to kiss her. Most of the time too much. But I can't help but sit back and smile with pride that my little boy has adapted so well to having a new little body in our lives. 

He loves her. And I strongly believe that she is beginning to love him. 

Oh, this should be fun!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment