Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm back...

No reason, other than laziness, about why I haven't been blogging. So, there.
I thought it only fitting to blog about my special boy after a long hiatus, since he is the reason I even started this blog.

Dear Cash,
It is absolutely amazing and unimaginable how fast you are growing up. People would tell me all the time how fast time will fly once you have kids, but I didn't listen to them. Especially after the first 8 weeks when we were waking up a couple of times a night to eat. I thought those days would NEVER pass, but they did and here we are a year and a half later. A YEAR AND A HALF! Are you serious? Where did the time go? Where is my small chubby baby that used to cuddle with me for hours and hours? Where is my chubby baby boy who just started to sit up on his own in the living room? Where is my chubby (notice the one thing that hasn't changed is the chubbiness) baby who took his first steps ever straight towards me, as if to say "Mama, you are so important to me that I want to walk to you first!"

Now you are a toddler. A big boy that can tell me what he wants and isn't afraid to throw a good fit every now and then. A big boy that will repeat and say any word and that is beginning to show interest in potty training.

I can remember vividly wishing the days away where we were up during the night to eat. And now I can honestly say I miss them. Not so much that I will wake up two times a night to feed you, I enjoy my sleep thank you very much. But I will wake up earlier to go watch you sleep. And dream. And toss and turn. And talk in your sleep (which you already are doing. It's really funny.)

You are growing faster than I care to realize, but you are growing into an incredible little boy that is as stubborn as his mama and loud as his daddy. That loves babies and is genuinely concerned when he sees a little kid cry or get hurt.

I don't want you to grow up too quickly but I do get excited for the next stages in your life and my life as your mommy.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment