Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dear Presley...

You have added a special something to our family. Nothing that I can specifically name. But there is just something. You are happy. You are easy going. You are loving. You are funny. You are the type of baby that doesn't have to make a noise, but you know you are in the room. You have a presence about you. I know that I am your mom and I am bias... and I am. But I am not the only one who sees this. I have had quite a few people tell me that you just have this "something" about you.

You are also turning into a big baby girl now, instead of my little baby girl. I went through your newborn clothes last weekend to make some room for bigger clothes and I almost lost it. Your little newborn pants. Your newborn socks. Your newborn pajamas. It was so terribly bittersweet. I don't want you to grow up. I don't want you to get bigger.

But you are. And I can't stop it. I love the little girl you are becoming. You smile at me 99% of the time I look at you. Oh who am I kidding, you smile 99% of the time anyone looks at you. But your smile at me is extra special.

I love you sweet girl. I love your magical eyes. Your gummy grin. Your cute as a button nose. Your care free attitude (for now).

I just love you...



No comments:

Post a Comment