Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dear Cash,

Tonight, your daddy and I laid with you in your new "big boy bed". That's right, you are in a twin size bed and doing fabulous. You don't get out of bed in the middle of the night and think it's so fun to wake up saying, " I wake up in my big boy bed". Your daddy and I couldn't be prouder. 

Tonight, we all three snuggled in what seemed like a tiny little bed burrito and said our nightly prayers. We prayed for you and your "sissy" and for your heart to be prepared to be a big brother. We prayed for what seemed like ten minutes... and then we just laid there. We laid there in complete silence with the stars from your little night light frog dancing on the ceiling. We had no distractions. No cell phones. No TV. No computers. No toys. Just our own starlight and moon. And our little family. 

Just the three of us, well technically four of us, piled in your new bed. Snuggling. Feet intertwined. Listening to one another breathe. And it was perfect. It was one of the first time that I looked at us, in a completely distraction-free moment, and felt like a family of 4. And it made me happy.

Really happy.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment