Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dear Cash,

My little boy is not so little anymore. You are growing up so fast and it really is a double-edged sword. It is so incredible to watch you grow and watch you learn new things and try to take on the world as an independent soul. It swells my chest with pride because I know how special you are and how special you will be. Call it a "mother's intuition". But it is also killing me. It's killing me to know my baby boy is growing up right in front of my eyes. And I can't stop it. I can't slow it down for even a day to soak of every drop of "baby" you have left in you. 

I sometimes try to carry you like a baby and tell you that you were my very first baby.

The very meaning of unconditional love. 

The heartbeat outside of my own chest. 

The sunshine to my days and the moonlight to my nights.

I love you. More than you will ever truly know. More than I will ever be able to tell you and show you, I'm sure. But my prayer for you in life is for you to know this kind of love for yourself. And know that there are only a handful of people in this world that will truly love you unconditionally. Your family and God. Those are the ones I can promise you. Anyone else is just icing on the cake. 

Enough with the mushy stuff... here is what you have been up to lately...

Just hanging out at Mexican restaurants...

Kicking it with your friend, Ellie...

Learning that the "National Anthem" and putting your hand over your heart while giving the flag your full and undivided attention is something that is sacred and still valued in this country. And no matter what anyone says, you DO NOT say Boomer at the end of it. Honor it enough to sing the right words...

Just going to school to take fall pictures. Daddy got you dressed in this picture. I think he did rather well, don't you?

I will post again on ALL of the funny things you are saying and doing. You are hilarious.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment