Friday, July 15, 2011

Semi update...

Cash,

You have surpassed the 11 month mark with no melt downs, quite a few bumps and bruises and bloody mouths, and still completely captivating our hearts. I am not going to write this post about any new stats, mostly because you haven't been to the Dr in a few months and I don't know your new stats. I am not going to write about things you are or aren't doing now that you 11 months. You are doing everything you were before...just better and louder.

What I am going to write about is you.

You will read this one day and probably think that I was in some sort of an emotional melt down or just extremely gushy at the time, but that really isn't the case. I have thought about what I want to write for a couple of days now and each time I change it because there are plenty of things I left out the first time. So here it goes...

I believe that now, more than ever, that you truly are an angel. And I mean that. I sometimes find looking at pictures of you and swearing that I see wings forming on your tiny back. I find myself watching your chest rise and fall when you sleep and realize that is what perfection looks like. Watching you dream is like watching a sunset on a deserted island somewhere. Peaceful. Serene. Perfect. I catch myself still smelling your little baby body and I am convinced that is what I am going to smell in heaven. It just has to be. You have captivated our souls and hearts and have done it in an unexplainable way. Every fiber in my body believes that God hand-picked you to be our first-born because he knew you were the perfect angel for us.

My friend Chelsi once made a statement that I believe to be true of most parents and their children. I am going to butcher her quote because she said it about 6 years ago, but I will try to get the point across. She said, "My parents have always believed in me. They have always encouraged me to try new things and step out of my comfort zone. They encouage me to walk to the edge of a mountain and jump. Not because they are crazy. But because they believe I have wings and that I can fly."

No truer statement has been made. I believe that you have wings, Cash. I believe that you can fly. I believe that your angel wings will carry you through this world in true style and that you will not only live in this world, but Cash Ryan... you are going to change this world.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Cash has no idea, at this time what a blessed little boy he is. He's not just going to change the world. He already has. I see how much he's changed yours and Noah's world already. And he's made my heart a little bigger than I thought possible.
    No one knew what a wonderful little boy he would be...or what a wonderful mother you would.

    ReplyDelete