Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dear Cash,




I cherish moments like these. These quiet moments. These peaceful moments. These moment where it is just you and me. I remember this moment vividly. You asked if you could lie down next to me because you "love me". Of course I said yes. How could I turn that down. We slept together and shared dreams. 

These moments come fewer and further between these days. You are a busy boy and very rarely stop to take a nap. You have an attitude these days that sometimes test my patience to the highest level. You talk back and have a tendency to yell. You throw fits when you don't get your way. And you are about as stubborn as they come.

But you are my son. My son who also has the sweetest side to him. My son who asks me if I am doing okay whenever i am in the other room and you can't see me. My son who still wants to cuddle every night before bed. My son who still makes my world go round. Who still makes me the happiest mommy in the world because I get to deal with you on a daily basis. Notice I said "get to deal" with you. There are moments where I feel like I "have" to deal with you, but I have decided to change my thoughts about that. I "get" to deal with you. And your attitude. And your yelling. And your fits.

I love you. No amounts of fits or bad behavior can change that. No matter what you do in this life, I will truly always love you.

And if there is another time that you want to lie down with me and share our dreams... Well, that will be just fine with me. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment