Sunday, June 9, 2013

My little baby girl...

Not long ago, you were my littlest baby girl. I held you like my baby girl. I fed you like my baby girl. I loved you like my baby girl. Isn't it strange how we can sometimes wish away certain areas of babyhood? Without even knowing it, we do. "I just can't wait until Presley can..."

Well now, my dear one, you are just my littlest girl. You are smiling when you want. Sitting up when you want. Rolling over when you want. Eating any baby food you can get your hands on. 

You are still tiny. Still my baby. But you are acting less and less like a baby everyday. And I'm afraid I wished this too soon. 

Before you were born, my heart felt happy. Now that you are here. With us. A part of us. My heart feels complete. Completely and happily complete. 

And that is a great feeling for a mommy...







No comments:

Post a Comment