Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 20, 2013...

That is a day that will go down in history. Not the type of history you dream about being a part of... But history. A tornado, or scary cloud as Cash calls it, cane through our peaceful town and did its worst. It destroyed houses and buildings and cars and belongings. It even destroyed lives. 

But what I will remember most about that day and the days that followed was the aftermath. The wonderful and pride-soaring aftermath that is Oklahoma. This isn't our first tragedy. And it is sure to not be our last. But as a community and state we get up. We clean up. We pick up. And we stand up. For each other. Because we don't know any different. That is just what we do. And I am proud to raise my kids in this state. Where they will learn that when people get knocked down, you help them up. You don't ask questions. You don't blame someone else. You only ask, "How can I help?". And if raising my kids here means that they have to tolerate a few storms and " scary clouds", then so be it. They will be better people because of it.

We had very minimal damage to our home, but here are the only pictures I took over the last week...

We stayed at my parents house and, as you can see, everyone got good rest that night...







No comments:

Post a Comment